How the Benefits Team Can Help You

You can get advice with one of our advisers through a face-to-face appointment or over the phone.

How The Debt Team Can Help You

We can help with a variety of benefit related issues, so for the best advice make an appointment with one of our team.

Examples of things the Benefits Team can support you with include:

  • Checking your benefit entitlement
  • Understanding and filling in application forms
  • Making a claim
  • Challenging a decision, for example asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration or lodging an appeal
  • Benefit overpayments

Our team are experienced with a range of benefit issues affecting Knowsley residents. In the table below you can find out more about common types of benefit issues:

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

You can apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you have a disability or illness that affects how much you can work.

Before you apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), you should check that you are eligible. Depending on your circumstances, you might need to claim Universal Credit instead.

> Learn More

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a payment to help you with everyday life if you have an illness, disability or mental health condition.

You can get it on top of Employment and Support Allowance or other benefits. Your employment status and level of income or savings do not affect your eligibility.

You can use our step-by-step guide on how to fill in your PIP claim form to make your claim.

> Learn More

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a monthly payment to help with your living costs. It is replacing the following benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income Support

Our Help to Claim team can assist you to make a claim for Universal Credit.

> Learn More